We are inviting people with Parkinson’s and their families to hear about research from Cardiff, Swansea, and around Wales, at this free, in person event.
We have an exciting program of speakers to tell us all about their research work to better understand Parkinson's and to provide better treatments and improve the quality of life of people affected by Parkinson's.
There will be a mix of keynote talks and round table discussions, on topics including:
- Research happening in North Wales - live streamed from our sister event in Bangor
- Mindfulness for Parkinson's
- Research happening in South Wales, including:
- Parkinson's research at the UK DRI at Cardiff - an overall introduction plus research into biosensors
- Use of bioinformatics to understand Parkinson's
- Parkinson's deep phenotyping
- Mouse models for Parkinson's
- Gut-brain axis in Parkinson's
- Transplantation therapies in Parkinson's
And, there will be a very special performance from SParky Samba and the Barracwda Band - interested folks will also be able to give Samba a try in a short taster session!
Lunch and refreshments are included, and free parking is available at the venue.
Limited spaces are available so please register early to avoid disappointment. Registration will close on 8 May 2023.
Directions to the venue can be found online here.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Liz Nash from Parkinson’s UK on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or someone you know has questions about living with Parkinson’s or needs support, you can ring the Parkinson’s UK Helpline for free on 0808 800 0303 or email email@example.com.