"The best part of my job is being able to work closely with exceptionally talented scientists at all career stages to help them beat dementia." Helois Radford-Rose
Centre Manager, UK DRI at Cambridge
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supporting all aspects of the Centre’s day-to-day running
- Supporting the Centre Director (Prof Giovanna Mallucci) with implementing the delivery of the Centre’s strategic objectives
- Management and coordination of research projects and resources
- Ensuring compliance with training and other regulatory approvals
- Managing and organising internal and external meetings and seminars
- Financial management and oversight of Centre budgets including internal and external research grants
- Management of the Centre’s research support team
- Supporting all Centre personnel/HR matters, including recruitment processes
- Assisting the Centre Director and Centre researchers with preparation and writing of scientific, administrative and financial reports
- Assisting Centre researchers with the preparation of costings for research grant applications
Helois has work at the UK DRI at the University of Cambridge since March 2018. Prior to this post, she was the acting Project Manager, Laboratory Manager and an Investigator Scientist for Prof Mallucci at the MRC-Toxicology Unit. Helois has worked as both a bench scientist and project manager within an innovative, academic research setting. She has extensive experience in the operational management of research projects, coordination of research staff, and financial oversight of research budgets.
Helois gained a BMedSc (Hons) in Biomedical sciences (2:1) from the University of Birmingham in 2005 and her PhD in Molecular Biology from University of Nottingham in 2008. Helois has two young daughters, one of which wishes to be scientist when she is older!