We champion the courageous and the curious. UK DRI researchers think differently, challenge one another and take risks in order to reap rewards. The Institute’s creative culture, collaborative ethos and leading edge resources help attract and keep the best talent.
Not only are our scientists world leaders in dementia research with unwavering ambition, but importantly include those working in other scientific areas who are new to the neurodegeneration field and want to step beyond boundaries. We use expertise from one field to fertilise another. Innovation comes from places where clinicians and researchers can team up with engineers, where training in new technologies and models is paramount and where academic freedom is given.
1. Courageous We embrace the unconventional, think outside the box and are brave enough to take risks to reap rewards.
2. Welcoming We share the best ideas, skills and tools. We progress careers. Our doors are open: we build connections with researchers globally and learn from people affected by dementia.
3. Energetic We work at pace, using the best science to catalyse discoveries.
4. Perceptive We are forward-thinkers and adapt quickly to opportunities that take us further, faster.
5. Determined We challenge ourselves and each other to work at the forefront of discovery and we strive daily for world-leading quality in our science.