"I'm excited to be part of the effort to transform treatment and care for people living with dementia." Katharine Buckle
UK DRI Finance Manager
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensuring timely invoicing of donors/funders
- Profiling and processing funding payments to the six partner universities
- Accounting for UK DRI income and expenditure, assets and liabilities
- Cashflow planning
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Providing funders with accurate financial reports
- Processing supplier payments
- Acting as point of contact for university reconciliation and payment queries
Katharine has worked in Higher Education administration for 11 years. Prior to taking up her role within the UK DRI Headquarters team, she was Centre Manager for the UK DRI at UCL for 4 years, supporting all aspects of the Centre’s day-to-day operations including providing financial management of the Centre’s budgets. Katharine also previously held positions at the London School of Economics, Imperial College London, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and UCL Institute of Education. Katharine has worked both within central Research Services providing post-award financial administration to a large portfolio of research grants, as well as within Academic Departments supporting day-to-day operations, HR administration and financial management of multiple complex research budgets.
Katharine gained a BSc (Hons) in Geography (2:1) from the University of Southampton in 2008. Her highlight was ‘coring’ a peat bog in Wales.
020 7612 6566