"The HQ team is an experienced and professional group who turn our vision and ideas into action and progress. They work across the entire UK DRI, providing our researchers with the infrastructure, funding and support they need to get the job done." Prof Bart De Strooper and Dr Adrian Ivinson
UK DRI Directors
1. Covid-19 update
Please note that the HQ team are now working from home. Please use email to contact staff in the first instance, who will be able to share phone numbers when appropriate.
If you are unsure who to contact directly, please get in touch with Office Manager Liz Chambers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Connecting, supporting and driving
With our centres hosted in leading universities nationally, it's important we work hard to connect and coordinate our hundreds of researchers. We want every person in the UK DRI to be equipped to share ideas and information, whilst being provided with direction and the best resources. That's where the HQ team comes in.
Whilst physically based at UCL, the HQ team work closely with Centre Managers across the institute to collaborate, celebrate and share as one.
The team brings a range of expertise:
- Administration keeps everything coordinated moving smoothly.
- Business & Innovation guides our technology transfer activities and handles the procedures and partnerships.
- Communications connects our researchers and provides platforms to share and celebrate their achievements with the wider world.
- Finance makes the funding flow and enables us to launch new initiatives.
- Human Resources ensures we keep growing and recruiting the brightest minds, and that the ones we have are nurtured.
- Information Technology enables UK DRI data to be available across the institute.
- Research Funding and Support provides our researchers with the resources they need.
- Scientific affairs spots the gaps and opportunities to progress our research, including training programmes.
- Tools and Technology gives our researchers access to the very best technology.
Please contact us at any time and keep us up to date with your plans and progress!
3. Scientific Advisory Board
- Professor Fred (Rusty) Gage, Salk Institute
- Professor Alison Goate, School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Dr Stacie Weninger, Fidelity Biosciences Res Initiative
- Dr Eric Karran, Foundational Neuroscience Center at AbbVie
- Professor Jo Bury, VIB-KU Leuven