"I’m proud to support a fantastic group of researchers at UCL." Katharine Buckle
Centre Manager, UK DRI at UCL
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supporting all aspects of the Centre’s day-to-day operations
- Financial management and oversight of Centre budgets including research grants
- Assisting Centre researchers with the preparation of costings for research grant applications
- Managing all Centre personnel/HR matters, including supporting recruitment processes
- Supporting the Centre Associate Director in implementing the delivery of the Centre’s strategic objectives
- Organising Centre seminars and events
Katharine has worked in Higher Education administration for 7 years. Prior to starting in her role with UK DRI at UCL, she held positions at the London School of Economics, Imperial College London, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and UCL Institute of Education. Katharine has worked both within central Research Services providing post-award financial administration to a large portfolio of research grants, as well as within Academic Departments supporting day-to-day operations, HR administration and financial management of multiple complex research budgets.
Katharine gained a BSc (Hons) in Geography (2:1) from the University of Southampton in 2008. Her highlight was ‘coring’ a peat bog in Wales.
02020 7612 6566